Nowadays, people pay more attention to their physical and mental health. They have different ways to relieve stress, like camping, skydiving, bungee jumping, skateboarding, etc. Among these various activities, the most popular one must be camping. Undoubtedly, camping can help you relax and relieve stress. People can get away from big cities and enjoy picturesque sceneries. Sleeping by the lake or mountains at a starry night, people naturally will forget the unpleasant things and relax. It’s not easy for beginners to prepare everything well. Here we have made a camping checklist that contains everything you need to pack.
Generally, there are 2 types of essentials you need to take when go camping.
1. The Basics
- Camp chairs and tables. It’s better to choose foldable chairs or camp chairs that are easy to carry and use.
- Sleeping bags, pads, and pillows. Sleeping pads are necessary as the ground might be wet and you need pads to make a comfy place to put your sleeping bags.
- Lights. It is possible that the campsite is a remote place and lacks the necessary devices and tools. Flashlights are on almost every camping checklist. It’s better to bring a lightweight and waterproof flashlight. Remember to take an extra battery.
- Suitable clothing. Normally, there is a large temperature difference between daytime and nighttime, especially on the mountain. Bring some clothes to avoid getting cold. The clothes should be lightweight, waterproof, and warm.
- Hiking shoes. Do not wear high heels. If it’s raining or you need to cross some small rivers, remember to take your water shoes. Although the weather may be unpredictable, especially in high-altitude areas, it's recommended to check the weather condition before you leave.
- Tools. Swiss-army knives, duffel bags, sunglasses, ropes, plastic bags, etc. A sharp knife can protect you from dangers. It also can be helpful in certain first-aid operations, for example, cutting the shirt to make bandages. The bag you carry when camping should be waterproof, lightweight, and large-volume. Sunglasses can prevent snow blindness. Remember to take all the garbage away to protect the natural environment of the beautiful scenery. According to your actual needs, you can pack some other useful tools.
- Navigation Devices. It is vitally important to keep yourself safe, so it is necessary to put these navigation devices on your camping checklist: a portable GPS, a two-way radio, and a map.
2. Personal Items
- Personal hygiene. Hand sanitizer, lotions, shampoos, conditioners, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and sunscreen, repellent water, etc. All these items will be useful when camping.
- Food and drinks. Some people choose to bring fresh vegetables and meat and cook when camping. In such a case, you need to bring necessary tools for cooking, like pots, portable gas grill, pans, utensils, seasoning, cutting board, etc. But it will be more convenient if you take some easy-packing food like compressed biscuits, canned food, etc. Refillable water bottles are almost on every camping checklist. If it is necessary, you can bring a filtered water bottle to make it easy to gather water nearby and filter it before drinking.
- Switch\PS4, board games. One of the benefits of camping is to help you build relationships with friends and families. When camping, we have plenty of time to play with our friends and families undisturbed. Playing some funny games will be a good way to relax and strengthen relationships with others.
- Medicines. In case of any accidents, it’s necessary to prepare a fully-equipped first aid kit. The most important thing is to take the medicines you might need according to the health condition. For example, if some people have asthma, we need to put an asthma inhaler on our camping checklist.
- Solar charger stations. It will be useful when the campsite doesn’t have power.
- The tent. If we have to make a ranking list of the importance of camping essentials, the first one must be the tent. It’s vitally important to choose the right tent when camping. The tent should be easy-carrying and water-proof. Don’t forget to take the necessary tools which need to be used when you set up the tent. If you choose to take the truck, it’s necessary to buy a truck bed tent that is specially designed for trucks. It's easy to carry and can provide a bigger space for people to sleep and a nice view to watch the beautiful scenery. A Quictent truck bed tent can meet all your needs. Its waterproof materials can protect all your stuff from water and keep the inside clean. It's also larger than other tents which allows people to have a comfy place to sleep and relax. Besides, you don’t need to worry about safety issues for its sturdy structure.
In conclusion, camping with friends and families is relaxing. When you go camping, you can play funny games with your friends, breathe fresh air, and enjoy picturesque sceneries. It can help people alleviate pressure. It’s common that beginners feel nervous when preparing for a camping for the first time.Take it easy. Remember to take everything you need according to the items mentioned above, especially the first-aid medicine. In case of forgetting something important, it’s highly recommended to write down every item that you must bring in your camping checklist.
Thank you for your reading and hope you have a nice camping time.