At the market, whether indoors or outdoors, the most important thing besides the product is the booth setup. Booths provide space for you to interact with potential buyers. Marketplace booths provide a unique opportunity to showcase their products and engage directly with customers.
And create a memorable experience that encourages repeat visits from guests. Well-designed booths attract attention and can increase sales while creating brand awareness. It is also beneficial for guests to be able to observe more the products you are selling, for both parties.
If you are a novice vendor who needs to take part in a marketplace, this article is one you can't miss. We will discuss the secrets and tips for building a popular market stall so you can be a big success at the fair.
Before you attend the market, you need to be prepared for everything.
- First of all, apply for a booth on the official website of the market in advance. There will usually be forms to fill out, which will contain your products, contact information, etc.
- It is crucial to read the instructions and requirements for the marketplace application provided by the organizer. Each event has its specific criteria, so be sure to provide all the necessary information and materials required.
- Do research on similar markets and check information on the venue, traffic flow, type of merchandise, etc.
- After that, prepare enough products based on the above information. It is best to prepare multiple payment methods such as cash, credit card, or mobile payment options to accommodate different customer preferences.
- Prepare vendor tents, tables, and chairs according to the information provided by the caterer on the size of the venue.
- Determine your pricing strategy for the market. Research market prices for similar products and consider any special promotions or discounts you may offer during the event.
How to set up a booth
Clarify the planning points of the booth. This needs to start with the product or brand as the theme. Other details need to be subordinated to the whole to achieve a sense of coordination and unity.
At the market, the most common booth size is 10x10 or 12x12. So the best size for a canopy tent is 10x10 canopy. If you also have a bulky display board, you can also choose an 8x8 canopy to save space.
Next, a canopy tent with removable sidewalls will also upgrade your booth.
- First of all, the sidewalls can further protect you from all kinds of weather. The sidewalls can act as a barrier to prevent direct sunlight or rain from drifting in to affect your booth setup and products.
- Sidewalls also create a clear space that completely separates you from other booths. It also allows you to stay out of the way of your "neighbors".
- Provides a sense of privacy for your guests. Maintain a focused environment to interact with customers and showcase your products.
- It also allows your eyes to be more focused and not distracted by things going in other directions. This allows you to focus on your products and the guests who come in.
- Different styles of canopy tents may have storage pockets on the side walls. This enhances storage space by allowing you to store tools or changes, etc.
(10 x 10 Popup Canopy with One Sidewall)
Visual display of booths
Visual displays are also significant for booth setup. After setting up your tent, you can place your table in the middle. Place the shelves on both sides, preferably forming a U-shape. This will make it easier for guests to select products and will prolong their stay.
- Rich colors are also needed when setting up a booth. Choose colors that match your logo, products, or theme for creating your banners or signs.
- Decorate the inside of your booth, and if your products are in the clothing or jewelry category, hang more photos of those products as well as try-on photos. Give guests a better idea of the details of the products.
- Set up backdrops with funny slogans, pictures, or portraits. Encourage people to come in and take pictures and post them on social media. Make sure your store name or social media accounts are also on there to increase awareness and develop potential customers.
- Create a comfortable atmosphere. In winter, add candles, lights, and furry things to enhance the atmosphere. In summer, you can bring portable fans or fruit signs to attract attention.
(Quictent market tent)
Product and information displays
- When it comes to product selection, it's best not to limit it to one. A wider variety of products will attract more customers and will increase their chances of buying.
- And it is best to have a clear price on the products. For many customers, the lack of clear prices will confuse them and they will leave without asking. Clear price information will increase the purchase rate.
- If your product is handmade, it is best to put a handmade label on it. The better the product information, the fewer questions your customers will have, and the more purchases you will make.
- Make sure there are business cards on the table for guests to see and take away to promote the chance of a second purchase. It is also a good idea to have the store name or product information on the banner.
(Market in downtown)
There are ways to have good interaction with guests at the booth besides smiling and greeting them.
- Samples are always the best tool for interaction - no one can say no to a free product. For potential guests who come to your booth, give a sample. Let them feel your sincerity and the quality of your products. To attract them to make a purchase or leave contact information such as email or social media.
- Free drinks can make your guests get a feeling like VIPs. Just one small cup, change the drink according to the season so that your booth can stand out.
- Find out what your customers are looking for, what their needs and preferences are, and how you can help them.
This is one of the most important methods of promotion nowadays. FB, Twitter, Instagram, and all other platforms with huge traffic are the places where you can promote your event. Send a forecast before the market, including address, time, booth location, and product information.
Afterward, midway through the market, send photos of the stalls and the market's crowds. To attract those who may be out. Send photos of the fun day after the market as well, as a memento and to let more people know about it.
If you have already accumulated a certain number of customers and contacts, send an email to announce the time and place of the next market.
Friends and family
Of course, if it is your first time participating in the market, the best way to promote is through friends and family. And then attract their friends so that you will also have people in front of your stall. This will also attract other customers.
(Quictent vendor tent)
It is always a pleasure when you go all out to set up your booth for the marketplace. Each successful market gives meaning to your careful setup and is a testament to yourself. A popular marketplace booth requires careful planning, attention to detail, and a focus on offering exceptional customer service.
With the various types of canopy tents that Quictent offers, you can create a booth that attracts customers and makes a lasting impression.